Monday, August 3, 2009

Such a bad blogger...

Really...where does the time go? I can't believe I haven't blogged in over 2 months!! I know everyone has been desperately waiting for an update from the Hinckley family, right!?!?! So the summer has been kind of a crazy one for us. I know there is no hope of me getting caught up on everything we have done so I'm going to have to settle for an abbreviated version.
Here are some of the main events:

The boys had swimming lessons (they passed with flying colors!)
Emma started nursery (she hates it!! We are still working on that...)
Ira turned 30!!! I threw a big surprise party for him...he had no idea!!
Spent a week in Pagosa Springs, Colorado for the Hinckley family reunion
I went to girls camp for a week
Ira took the kids horseback riding. Emma loved it and giggled the whole time...she still does when she watches it on film!)
Taylor played on a t-ball team
Austin took a reading class
We had our entry way and kitchen tiled
Ira's brother Stu got married
Ira and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary!!
Sent my little brother, Brian,off on his mission to New Zealand
Went to Youth Conference
Took the boys to Raging Waters (Taylor went on everything he could. He had people cheering for him at the bottom of this one ride because they couldn't believe a kid his age was brave enough to go on it!)
Beyond these things...we spent lots of time outside playing, and swimming in the pool! We have had a really great and really exhausting summer! I can't believe school is starting up in two and a half weeks. Taylor will be in first grade! It will be so crazy for him to be gone all day! Austin is also starting preschool this year and will go three days a week. Emma is still our little princess and she rules the family...she is getting more and more personality everday!

1 comment:

emily said...

Finally you decide to post! I have been waiting and waiting and waiting...;) You guys have been busy!!! I loved the post though!!! Hey, where did Ira take the kids horse-back riding?? That looks sooo fun!!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker