Monday, March 24, 2008

Kindergarten, Here we come!!



Well, we have arrived! We are about to embark on the exciting world of Public School! Last week Taylor had his kindergarten check-up and shots. We were expecting a bit of drama with the shots, but Taylor kept assuring us that he would be brave and that he had to do it to be able to go to kindergarten! Nice getting pep talks from your four year-old, right. As it turned out, Taylor did absolutely fantastic. He got to do some eye tests and hearing tests, which he passed with flying colors. Then came the shots....5 separate shots! I was such a proud mamma, he took the shots like a man! The last shot brought some tears to his eyes, and after finishing he said that he didn't want any more shots because he didn't like them! I really couldn't believe how brave he was. After we got home I asked how he could be so brave and not even cry and he looked at me with big eyes, and said..."Mom....I'm Batman!" DUH, how could I not have figured that out!

2 comments:

Tracie said...

That is very impressive. I am dreading Meg's. I thought that we were ready and I told her that she was done with shots. She still has three to go! I wish she liked Batman!

Aves said...

Dang girl! You're kids are getting SO big! I am still working on a good weekend for us to all get together. Brent was here last weekend, but I only saw him Saturday because he was with his fam for Easter the rest of the weekend. But He will most likely be here a couple weekends in April. We will be in Washington the weekend of the 11th, so when I figure out all the plans I will let you know. But we don't have to wait for him, lets do a girls lunch sometime soon. That might be easier to plan. My dad will be in town this weekend, so maybe middle of April. Is there a day during the week that is possible?

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker