Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I'll miss you Erik ~ your friend Ira

Erik, it was an amazing 28 years of life you lived. I never thought you would leave this earth this way or this early...but the Lord needed you more than we did. I am so grateful to have been your friend. I remember the first day we met at Ricks College. I think I said, "What's up" as we passed in the dorm hallway. Later you told me that you thought I was a tough, punk kid because I had a black eye from playing basketball. The rest is history and our friendship will forever be engraved in my heart. I'll never forget the late nights of chillin in our apartment listening to 311 and Third Eye Blind and talking about life. I’ll never forget your good example and positive influence on everyone around you. You were always addictive to hang out with and to talk to. I loved your love and passion for life and your hilarious, sarcastic view of everything. You will never be forgotten, your example and name will forever be spoken of with honor and admiration. You will be part of the FLB’s forever and we will always sense your absence. ~your bud, Ira

2 comments:

Requel said...

Ira, this is Requel, do you remember me? From SafeStone? I found your blog from Nikki's. Anyway I just wanted to say that was so nice. It made me cry. We will all miss Erik!

Yvonne said...

I know I didn't really know Eric but he sounded like such a neat guy. This was so touching. I need to go get a tissue now.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
">Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker